Sunday, April 5, 2009

side way pussy. Adventures in Childbirth Class

Click here!
>>>side way pussy<<<




This weekend DH and I had 10 hours of childbirth class. We had the option of thin hours per night past a terrific week period or this intensive weekend class. I'm thankful we chose this one because we "got it past with" popular one shot. The class was offered at the hospital where I will be unselfish birth so we got a unforeseen to see a bit of that as well. Our maternity tour is subsequent week so I'll have a preferential sense of the facility posterior that.

Our teacher, Ann, was a very witty woman with slim grown children of her own. I never got the feeling that she was pushing a specific agenda (natural childbirth only, breastfeeding only, etc.) which was witty and made me trust her a lot more. On Friday night we were attached by 8 further couples but one couple elected not to attend Saturday's session. It was a scenic uniform group. One half Taiwanese mother and one Indian father. All married couples and all within the 25-40 age range. It was scenic unsympathetic for me because there are no further pregnant women on my floor at work so it was witty to be surrounded by 7 further women who were passing through the very usual things I was. Unfortunately there was not a lot of time for socializing. Most couples were unpaid popular the middle to tardy March time frame with a couple being induced on 2/14 (she was on unparalleled rest and had a lot of blood clots popular her legs) and one further unpaid the unparalleled week of April (ironically on my birthday, April 6!).

Most of the class was intensive on "classroom" style learning with slides and videos. The rest emphasized hands on practice of radical and massage techniques.

The unparalleled part of the class for me was that it made childbirth seem much further veritable and less of an supposed activity. I have an overactive imagination so watching the videos really helped me to realistically visualize myself popular that situation. It actually made me fear childbirth a lot less which I had not anticipated! However, I think it freaked time-worn DH more, but I'll get into that popular a minute.

Interestingly I responded unparalleled to the women who used a lot of movement popular their labor. Of the three videos we saw, one woman went completely natural, one had Pitocin and several narcotics and the ultimate had Pitocin and a whole epidural. The woman who had the epidural was tasteful popular her movement which seemed to make labor longer (mentally). I had always prospective having an epidural but now I am considering seeing how roundabout I can go without one. When DH and I practiced the various positions for managing contractions I kept thinking to myself, "Sure, I am not actually having a contraction true now but I think I can do this!" We'll see how that stands up once they really start...

Every time the video showed the veritable birth of the baby, DH had to look away. I was immensely suggestible and actually got a wee teary eyed (in a worthy way) with the unparalleled one. After the unparalleled woman gave birth DH unpalatable to me and said, "Are you unquestionable they won't let you schedule a effortless section?" He got a wee groggy at the unparalleled video and I had to tell him to turn absent with the subsequent ones. I kept joking that he is passing to pass time-worn at several point during my labor. It could really happen folks! Now, popular DH's defense, there was quite a bit of blood popular each of the births relevant to the episiotemies that the women had to get. That shit definitely creeps me time-worn too.

Ann told us that our hospital has a 90% epidural rate (!) which is extremely towering but it is the staple hospital and gets all the towering risk pregnancies. The suburb facility has sole a 50% rate which is much further popular line with my expectations. Jeesh, from all the boards I read it should be further uniform 10%. People are extremely evangelistic regarding unpremeditated childbirth. I am much further of the mindset of whatever makes it work. My worst fear is that I labor for hours and hours sole to be told that I have to have a C-section. All that work for nothing!

DH was scenic impressed that I already knew a lot regarding what to expect popular labor and delivery. Um, since I'm the one that has to suffer through it I had to know as much as possible. But book reading (or Internet reading) is not the usual as seeing an veritable birth. I may be taping "A Baby Story" on TLC now to get uniform further educated.

DH and I are attending the maternity tour subsequent week and a breastfeeding class the unparalleled week of March. He is also now suggestible popular infant CPR so we'll try to vigorous that popular too.

In further news, I am now 32 weeks and one day pregnant! The wee one is 3.75 pounds (apparently the size of a jicama) and 16.7 inches long. Considering I feel her at the usual time poking up very towering on my ribs and the reverse side way sombre popular my pelvis, I think our daughter is a bit longer. Or a gymnast. I have entered the "fattening up" period for the baby. I virtuous hope that I don't gain too much on my end! I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow so we'll see. In further entertaining symptoms I am posterior up to multiple trips to the bathroom at night. Aside from that, I really can't complain.
side way pussy



See also: booze pussy
side way pussy

No comments:

Post a Comment